Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trying to get inside myself.

Today.
I walked doggies in rain.

Stopped by pottery studio to check on crosses I glazed for an upcoming event. Not out of kiln yet, but got two lovely handbuilt funky chunky chalices out of the glaze kiln.

Did some phone pastoral care.

Spent two hours at the dentist. Not because there was anything wrong, but I am a new client and they were very thorough. New office for dentist. Very sweet person.

Realized that my teeth are middle aged now too. Great oral hygiene I have...but those fillings do wear out from child hood. Looking at some mild dental work.

Had staff meeting.

Ate 2/3 box of Thin Mints.

Didn't brush my teeth afterward.

Pondered Mary in the Garden.

Breathed deeply a few times.

Drank some lovely water.

Wrote a letter of recommendation.

Counted money.

Surfed Craig's List looking for cheap furniture for my CE Resource room.

Ready to go home.

Have a meeting. So can't go home.

Wonder who will get kicked off American Idol tonight.

Love the longer days, in spite of the sogginess of the earth right now.

Thinking about Jesus. Maundy Thursday. The Passion. Feels surreal to me.

Aren't I supposed to be walking with Jesus? Isn't that what pastors do?

I fear I am in the crowd right now. Just not in tune, or maybe I am but I am not comfortable with my tune.

I could drive myself crazy thinking like that.

Must create agenda for meeting.

Should finish communion liturgy for Sunday.

Maybe I will get inside myself later.

Off to agendasize.

And, oh, dear God. Thank you. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally "the crowd" this Holy Week...the crowd without a church. sigh...I really hope it's better for you! Oh, and if the weather here is headed your way - it's gonna be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wandering through Holy Week over here, too. Love you.

    ReplyDelete