Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Five!


Whoopsie! Friday Five

random photo of Daisy dog
Isn't Daisy cute?  She turns 15 in November!   
Wow, how is it that it is the second Friday of October, already??
I don't know about you, but this fall has been incredibly FULL, and time is flying faster than I can keep track of it!

So, first things first.
Take a moment, and take 5 deep slow breaths...
One....
Two...
Three...
Four...
Five....
Yep, I did it again.  It's going to be a breathing kind of weekend.   

Well, I feel more centered now.
So, let's get on with a Random Friday Five.
1. Tell us a moment of blessing that you have experienced in the past week.
Well, it's hard to pick one, but yesterday my colleague and I went to the assisted living center next to our church to lead Protestant worship and only one lady showed up.  We visited with her and then shared communion together.  It was a simple sweet blessing.   Her smile and laugh were gentle and sincere.   

2. Share the first thing/story that comes to mind when you read "When I was a child..."
My friend Vanessa and I would spend all day building Barbie doll mansions out of  blankets and furniture in her rec room in the basement.  By the time we finished, we ran out of time to actually PLAY Barbies.  
3, 4, and 5. If you were the host of a t.v. talk show, what three people would you like to interview on your first show, and what would you ask them.
I would definitely invite Sylvia the Pet Psychic and have her talk to my cats and dogs that I have adopted to find out what their stories were before I got them from the shelter, street.....

Then I would interview the Property Brothers from HGTV, and have them help  me redesign my kitchen.  

Finally, I would interview the Dalai Lama, because I am bummed that he is speaking at the tiny Tibetan Buddhist Center two blocks from my home but it's a closed event.   I would just ask him to share his heart wisdom.  

Clearly, the name of my talk show would be, "All About Me"  (shaking my head at myself....)




7 comments:

  1. I like seeing what the Property Brothers come up with for the show. I love to watch it and have not an ounce of insight into doing it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Property Brothers - me, too! Helps that they're easy on the eyes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pet psychic (why not?) and of course, a kitchen redesign... dream time! thanks for hosting and playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't be ashamed, it IS all about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I confess that the Property Brothers are unknown to me. I hear you gasp! I'll try to rectify that! Good luck with your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for today's FF! I am usually so busy on Fridays that I don't get around to the FF until the late afternoon, so I'm finally here. I've never heard of the Property Brothers; guess I'll have to investigate that. The Dalai Lama is someone we all seem to want to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bummer that the Dalai Lama is so close... and yet so far away...sigh.

    I can't believe Daisy is 15! Wow.

    And, although I watch a lot of the Home Improvement Network shows and I've seen the brothers interviewed I am not sure I have actually seen their show...

    ReplyDelete