Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Tuesday Confession

Yesterday,
in spite of being incredibly productive, especially for me on a Monday....
My being was very low.
I can't really chalk it up to being busy with Easter, because really, I didn't do any planning/preaching/creating for Holy Week.  I did help set things up, and participated in the services, but you know what I mean.

It's been a long program year--and the next six weeks are packed.
Packed.
I realize that as of now, I am in the same place I was last year at this time, but now it is totally different.

I am looking for my Easter Joy,
my groove,
my spark. 

The sun is shining today. 
It is warming my soul.
Ah!

In spite of mixed emotions,
there is so much to be grateful and thankful and hopeful for.

I just wish I had more control over it. 
Sigh.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. ah...control, remember control is ever only an illusion (or that's what i tell myself anyway). i hope you get to continue enjoying the sunshine (i'm a bit jealous about the sunshine, it's still totally gloomy here). i hope you find some peace and sabbath during your next 6 weeks of busyness.

    ReplyDelete